Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Lovely Saturday.

It is a gorgeous day here in Central Floirda.  I'll be out working in the gardens very soon.  Marlene will no doubt want to join me and get some fresh air and some "mom-time."   I posted these photos on Flickr, but some of you have trouble viewing photos there, so I'll repost them here.

Marlenie-Beanie loves being a mom.  She dotes after them, immediately cleans up after them  and feeds them several times a day.  Sometimes when they are sleeping she will lay with her chin resting on the opening to the whelping box and just look at them.  It reminds me of when my son was a baby and I loved to watch him sleep, feeling so proud and happy....I think that's how Marlene feels.
Both times when we took the puppy portraits Marlene was close by making sure everything went OK.  Sometimes she'd put her head over the edge of the chair.  I don't know if she was making sure the pup was OK or giving them pep talks to hold still for their photos.

Did you notice how all the black puppies and all the liver puppies are laying together?  This happens quite often, it even happened before their eyes opened.  I hear from other breeders that they noticed it in their litters too.  Maybe it's just a coincidence but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment