Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Into the 2nd Week

The puppies are doing great!  Most of them have opened their eyes now and they are getting so big and strong.  They're starting to walk on all four legs.  "Little Man" is still not gaining much weight.  He is much smaller than the other puppies, but he is strong and active.  We have started to supplement his momma-meals with some goat's milk.  He has a hard time keeping a spot on the "boobie bar" because the other pups are so big they push him out of the way.  The big pups finish one spot and then move on to another...little piggies.  Marlene is eating more than 4 times her normal amount of food in order to keep up with their demand.

I miss them so much when I'm at work, I wish I could stay here with them all the time.  It's so much fun to just sit by the whelping box and watch them sleep.  But Marlene continues to be an excellent mom so I have no worries while I'm gone.  Everyone looks content and full when I get home.

Here are some puppy pile pictures for you to enjoy.  I'll get their two week portraits done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment