Monday, April 26, 2010

They're Here!!

Marlene had her puppies today!  7 puppies, 1 liver girl, 1 black girl, 2 liver boys and 3 black boys.  I had my vacation set up to start tomorrow.  Bill was off today (thank goodness), but I really didn't think she'd have them quite yet.  So I went off to work and left Bill instructions to keep a close eye on her.  Bill called me at work around 10:45 and said "Marlene just had a puppy!"  He was eating his breakfast in the room where we have her box set up and he said she just hopped in there and started having a puppy.  She never got the anxiety, pacing type activity that many girls do before they deliver. She had 3 in the 1/2 hour it took me to get home. She had her last one around 1:30.  Her labor seemed easy, the puppies are all vigorous and strong and she's being an excellent mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment